Unionville Alliance Church has on-site professional counsellors who provide confidential, professional Christian counselling. These are fee based services charged by the councillor.
What is Christian Counselling? Christian counselling is the ministry of one individual (the counsellor) seeking to join people in their struggle, as God does, and to assist them in their healing journey toward the effective management of life's challenges. It is offered by those whose personal faith and hope rest in Jesus Christ. We believe that God there, in the lives of our clients, and in the counselling process.
When to Seek Counselling - Most of the time we can cope with the problems and stresses that we encounter day-today, but sometimes they can pileup and become overwhelming. God did not create us to live in isolation, independent from one another. It is normal that all of us would, at one time or another, need help in negotiating the challenges of life.
- When you face major decisions such as marriage, career choice, or spiritual direction
- When routine problem-solving and challenges of life seem overwhelming
- When you face crisis issues such as divorce, job loss, major or long-term illness, the death of a loved one, and physical, mental, emotional, verbal or sexual abuse
- When you face unresolved conflicts in relationships
- When you cannot control negative emotions and thoughts such as fear, anger, jealousy, hate, suicide, depression, doubt and guilt
- When you experience physical problems without a known physical cause
What We Offer
Individual, Couple, Marriage & Family Counselling.
Counselors on site are:
Sylvia Michael, MDiv., RMFT, Registered Psychotherapist
905.477.1104 x 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Fournier, MDiv., RMFT, Registered Psychotherapist
905.640.4406 or email@example.com
Led by compassionate counsellors, these groups help individuals cope more effectively with inner conflicts, crippling emotions and other challenges of life. Below are the support groups that Unionville Alliance Church offers.