Frequently Asked Questions1. Where does my money go?
2. Are my donations tax receiptable?
3. How do I set up a Tithe.ly account?
4. What does the option "Cover Fees" mean with Tithe.ly?
5. How do I get a set of giving envelopes?
6. What's my envelope number?
7. How do I do an e-Transfer?
If you have any further questions, please contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-477-1104 x 203 on MONDAYS.
Where does my money go?
When you make a donation, you have the choice to specify which fund(s) to contribute to, or your donation will automatically go into the Operating Fund. Please note if you have designated your donations for Community Care, Missions or other identified needs, those funds cannot be reallocated. The following are brief descriptions of each fund:
- Operating Fund = covers all our organizational and congregational needs, including program costs, utilities and salaries.
- Community Care Fund = goes toward our Master's Pantry (food bank and free store) and Community Care (financial aid for those in need)
- Missions Fund = goes toward all mission areas, locally and abroad
- Other periodic needs that arise from time to time (i.e. Capital Fund, Hampers of Hope program, Kids Kapers Scholarships, etc)
Are my donations tax receiptable?
Every donation attributed to your name will be credited to your charitable donation account with Unionville Alliance Church. You will receive an annual tax receipt for your contributions via mail in February. Please ensure that we have your current mailing address.
How Do i set up my tithe.ly account?
With a Tithe.ly account, you can view, track and manage your donations (either with the Tithe.ly mobile app or at tithe.ly/give)
To start, you need to create an account by following the step-by-step instructions below.
- Go to tithe.ly/give and click "Create Account".
- Fill out the form with to set up your account.
- Search for “Unionville Alliance Church".
- Click the “Give now” button.
- Add your card information (You only need to do this once).
- Enter your giving information and click “Give $x.xx”.
That's it! You are now all set to start donating.
What does the option "cover fees" mean with Tithe.ly?
When you give through Tithe.ly, there is an option called "Cover Fees?" near the bottom of the form. It is completely optional for you to enable. By enabling it, you will increase your donation amount slightly to cover the cost of the processing fees that are pulled from a transaction. When you choose to cover the fees, your total donation is increased so the church receives the desired amount. Here is the break down of the fees:
- 2.9% + C$0.30 per successful charge - Visa, MasterCard, Maestro
- 3.5% + C$0.30 - American Express
how do i get a set of giving envelopes?
Every Sunday during the worship service, you are given the opportunity to give in person with cash or cheque. There are blank envelopes in each pew, on which you can fill out your information in order to get your donation tax-receipted. You may also request a box of 52 envelopes, pre-stamped with your charitable donation account number.
Giving envelopes are made available by emailing at email@example.com.
What's my envelope number?
The number on your giving envelopes is your charitable donation account number. This number is how we keep track of all your donations so that you can receive an accurate annual tax receipt. Stringent confidentiality procedures are maintained.
If you forgot your envelope number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a first-time donor, please provide your name and mailing address with your donation.
how do i do an e-transfer?
If you manage your bank accounts online, you can also make donations by using Interac e-transfers (EFT).
Set up Unionville Alliance Church as an e-transfer recipient:
- Go the the field "Select Recipient"
- Click "Add a contact"
- Enter Unionville Alliance Church as the contact name, and use the email address email@example.com
- Click "Continue"
*Some banks will ask you to verify your identity. If asked, select your contact method [either by text or phone] where they will send you a verification code. Click on "Send code" and select "next". When you receive the verification code, enter it and select "Next". Your new contact has been added.
To make a donation with Interac e-transfer:
- Choose an account from which to transfer your donation.
- Select the recipient Unionville Alliance Church.
- Enter your donation amount and the date of transfer.
- Indicate in the message box your fund designation(s) with amount(s) (e.g. operating $200) and your giving envelope number (e.g. #10).
- Hit "Send".
A security question and password is not required as this transfer will be directly deposited into Unionville Alliance Church's bank account. It will display your name in the transaction.
The money received by e-transfer will be recorded and added to the other methods of donation for tax receipt purposes.